Review: Ruin Me - Twin Falls #1 - Arlo Arrow and Angel James


Ruin Me  (Twin Falls Academy #1)

Review: Ruin Me - Book #1 Twin Falls Academy - Angel James and Arlo Arrow - July 2019
As readers of The Phantom Paragrapher know, I have found a liking in the bullymance trope and so in between my other reads, I have been busy trying to make my way through the bully romances out there. Some have been amazing, others not so good and then you have the ones in the middle where they had the potential to be awesome but fell flat. Ruin Me was one of those books. The main character Gypsy has gone to live with her Aunt whom she just learned she had after her father was killed in a freak accident. She starts her schooling at the elite school Twin Falls and of course she's the "poor girl" and gets bullied by the Queen Bee. At first, I liked the guts that Gypsy had as she was a smart-alek and had good comebacks and then she is wooed over by the Kings of the school and becomes 'one of those girls" and paints a bigger target on her back. She finally comes to her senses after she finds out about the book and that she was part of a bet. The guys then beg her back and stupid girl, she takes them back -just like that.  I also felt that the book needed a bit more background into why Gypsy's Dad fell out with their family as I was sick of this "it's all in the past" and then Gypsy thinking she didn't know her dad at all. The other thing that annoyed me was Gypsy's friend Georgia and her freaking poor me act about being a big girl. It's like your mum is a personal trainer, you could exercise a little or embrace your body. Stop being a wuss and living in the past. Knowing me, I will continue with the series to see how it progresses along as there are a few paths that the series can develop.  Ruin Me by Angel James and Arlo Arrow - a good read if you love reverse harems and bullymances set in elite and wealthy schools.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid