Review: The Sleepover - Carol Wyer



The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)

Review: The Sleepver - Book #4 Detective Natalie Ward Series - Carol Wyer - September 2019
I was in two minds about this book as I had been wanting to read a mystery and the last couple of UK based ones I have found boring and couldn't keep my attention but figured since this was about a teen it would be interesting. There were parts of this book that I found myself a bit confused about with Detective Natalie Ward's family which I assume was referenced in previous books but overall this book can be read as a standalone. The book starts with Roxy heading out to her friends for a sleepover, during the night though there is a fire and Roxy's body is found. The people who own the house though they are swearing black and blue that they don't know Roxy, so how did she end up in their house dead. Roxy's family is a mixed bunch of characters and the majority of the characters in The Sleepover are what you could imagine the lower class English to be like, the ones who live in the poorer estates.  Just as Natalie is finally getting a lead, more people connected to Roxy are dying and if she isn't careful then there could be two more on the murder list - Tucker and Ellie. Who is killing everyone and why? How is everyone connected? As there are a lot of characters in the book, at times the plot does become a bit convoluted but you do catch up in places.  I have to admit when the person behind the arson was revealed, I have to admit I was a little disappointed but overall The Sleepover was a good UK mystery read.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid