Review: The Secret Life of a Witch - Jessica Sorensen


The Secret Life of a Witch (Mystic Willow Bay, Witches #1)



One of my favorite authors is Jessica Sorensen; she is one of the authors that I will make sure I read all her books no matter what genre or age it is aimed at.  What first attracted me to this book besides being a Jessica Sorensen novel was the cover. I have a cover crush on it. Also, I love stories about witches, as growing up I was a big fan of Sabrina The Teenage Witch - the MJH version and also the TV movies Twitches. The only downside I have about this book is that it finished too quickly for me and that there is no announcement or idea of when we will be getting the next book in the series as talk about cliffhangers galore. In this book, we meet Evalee who reminded me of Selena Gomez's character from Wizards of Waverley Place. That's what this book reminded me of as it had this whole Disney TV feel to it. A curse killed Evalee's sister, and now she is a ghost which only Evalee can see, and she has taken it upon herself to try and save her sister and bring her back to life. This is with the help of her Hunter who is her best friend, crush and one of the best wizards around. This book has everything from Vampires to Demons to Leprechauns and Faeries. During this book, we learn someone has been stealing dead bodies and the latest to go missing is Evalee's sister. Now Evalee must revisit old friends and haunts to find her sister and get her back before it's too late but during this someone is keen on getting revenge on Evalee for a spell that backfired. Also Evalee who has always been known as weirdly different is about to discover that who she thinks she is may not be the case ? I was hoping we would get a bit more information about the latter, but then the book finished and I was like nooo, must read more and then discovered we are still waiting for Book #2 even to appear on Goodreads.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid